Terms of Service
These are the terms of service of Skoola.
This agreement was written in English.
Date of Last Revision: July, 2010.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Terms of Service show cases Skoola Principles, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Skoola. By using or accessing Skoola, you agree to this Statement.
1. Registration and Account Security
Skoola users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Skoola, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal profile.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
5. You will not use Skoola if you are under 10.
6. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
7. You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
8. You will not transfer your account (including any page or setting you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
3. Sharing Your Content and Information
You are responsible for all of the content and information you post on Skoola, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy section and settings section. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and settings section: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Skoola ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
4. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Skoola, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Skoola, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Skoola safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Skoola.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Skoola, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Skoola.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Skoola without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws.
10. You will not use Skoola to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Skoola, such as a denial of service attack.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Skoola that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Skoola if we believe that it violates this Statement.
3. We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, Login and Change you Privacy page Settings.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Skoola, the Skoola and Skoola Logos, Skoolas, Wall and images), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
8. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Skoola.
9. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
1. We can change this Statement if we provide you notice (by posting the change on the Skoola Recent News Section on the Blog Section of the Site) and an opportunity to comment To get notice of any future changes to this Statement, visit our Skoola Contact Us Page.
2. All comments you might want to make that needs administrative response must be made on the Skoola Contact Us Page.
3. We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Skoola to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.