How many types vegetation do Nigeria have?
What is Vegetation?
What are the characteristics of the rainforest region
What are the three Savannah regions in Nigeria?
What are the difference between the three savannah regions?
- Three (Rainforest, Savannah, montane)
- Vegetation is the plant life of a region, it is the plant cover of the earth consisting of assemblages of plants.
- This is a belt of tall trees with dense undergrowth of shorter species dominated by climbing plants. The dominant species of the climbing plants is the lianas which are clustered and entangled in nature, making accessibility and exploitation of big trees very difficult. The prolonged rainy season, resulting in high annual rainfall above 2000mm in this area, ensures adequate supply of water and promotes perennial tree growth. This luxuriant vegetation belt stretches from the western border of Nigeria with Benin Republic, through a narrow stretch on the Niger-Benue river system into the extensive area in the south-east of the country. The narrow stretch on the Niger-Benue river system is due to the northward stretch and influence of the freshwater swamp forest north of the depositional environment of the Niger Delta.
- Guinea Savannah, Sudan Savannah and Sahel Savannah
- Guinea savannah, made up of plains of tall grass which are interrupted by trees, the most common across the country; Sudan savannah, similar but has shorter grasses and shorter trees; and Sahel savannah has patches of grass and sand, found in the northeast 1014 September 2010
david rotimiThank you very much i appreciate 0014 September 2010
augustine solomonA Rainforest can be described as a tall, dense jungle. The reason it is called a "rain" forest is because of the high amount of rainfall it gets per year. The climate of a rain forest is very hot and humid so the animals and plants that exist there must learn to adapt to this climate. 0021 November 2011