Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria 2011/2012 Post UTME Registration Details
The Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria wishes to announce the details of its 2011/2012 UTME Pre Admission Screening Exercise for admission into all Courses/Programmes except Medicine (MBBS) and Nursing Sciences.
A. ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES:
- All candidates who choose Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria as their first choice university and have satisfied the following prerequisites are eligible to attend the screening exercise which is scheduled to take place on 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th September, 2011 at 8:00am each day: -
- Candidates who scored 180 and above in UTME for Science based courses;
- Candidates who scored 190 and above in UTME for Arts, Social Science, Law and Administration;
- All candidates who fall within the cut off point in (a) & (b) above must have the prescribed subject combinations in the UTME examination required by their proposed courses of study (information as contained in the JAMB brochure for UTME candidates).
- There will be no admission into MBBS/Nursing Sciences programmes. However affected candidates may sit for the examination in any of the following programmes: Agricultural Science, Veterinary Medicine, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
N.B: THOSE WHOSE UTME SUBJECT COMBINATIONS ARE NOT CORRECT NEED NOT COME AS THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE.
- Candidates who qualify for the screening exercise as listed above are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only.
- Registration for UTME Screening commences on Thursday, 11th August, 2011.
Candidates can pay in any branch of the under listed banks nationwide:
1.ABU Micro-Finance Bank Ltd
3.Fidelity Bank Plc.
4.First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
5.Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
6.Intercontinental Bank plc
7.Oceanic Bank Plc.Unity Bank Plc.
8.United Bank for Africa
9.Skye Bank Plc.
10.Zenith Bank Plc.
Procedures for ABU 2011/2012 Post utme Online Registration
- (a) Type in your JAMB number on the login page and click on login
- (b) Enter your valid mobile number click and submit
- (c) To those who have earlier applied for MBBS or B.Sc. Nursing Science, select an alternative programme of your choice from the listed programmes.
- (d) Click on Submit button
- (e) Print the generated transaction ID
- (f) Proceed and make payment at any of the designated banks nationwide
- (g) Log back on to the portal again using your JAMB number and the generated transaction ID to complete registration as follows: -
- (i) Upload your true passport size photograph in JPEG format (not more than 100KB) and O/level results (where available).
- (ii) Choose awaiting result where applicable. Ensure that your photograph is uploaded.
- (iii) Click on the submit button.
- (iv) Print 2 copies of the registration slip and bring along during the screening exercise.
- Candidates are advised to report at their respective Faculties to verify their name and venues a day before their scheduled dates of screening.
What to bring for the screening: -
- Original and photocopy of JAMB notification slip;
- HB Pencil;
- Original screening fees payment tellers for sighting;
- Print a copy of the online PUTME registration slip for verification
Please note that: -
- GSM Phones are not allowed during the UTME Screening Exercise.
- Parents, Guardians and uninvited law enforcement agencies will not be allowed into the venues during the UTME Screening Exercise.
(C)SCHEDULE OF SCREENING DATES:
- Tuesday 6th September, 2011
Faculty of Administration
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Wednesday 7th September, 2011
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Design
Faculty of Law
- Thursday 8th September, 2011
Faculty of Science
- Friday 9th September, 2011
Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Human Anatomy
Department of Human Physiology
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Saturday 10th September, 2011
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Any eligible candidate who fails to appear for the screening exercise on the dates indicated in paragraph 5 above would not be considered for admission into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria during the 2011/2012 academic session.
All concerned are advised to abide by the guidelines for a hitch free screening exercise.