British American Tobacco Nigeria Limited, BAT Nigeria has vacancy for Graduate Management Trainees
Reference Number: OM/NIG/NGN/MT/03-08-10
Job Title: Management Trainee
Reports to: Line Manager -Coach
The Management Trainee Programme will involve an assessment of your leadership and managerial skills. Where necessary we will support your development with further formal training. You will be provided with opportunities to put these skills into practice, in preparation for your move to a managerial role.
The MT Programme will structure your development around a clearly defined set of objectives. You will gain support and encouragement from three sources. Your Coach- a manager who will work with you to ensure that you are reaching the standards expected of you and you are getting what you need from the programme. Your Mentor- a senior manager from another function, sharing the benefit of their experience and supporting you in the achievement of your personal objectives. Also, there will be other management trainees around the world who will form an invaluable network of contacts for you.
At the end of this period, having met the performance requirements, you will be appointed to your first managerial role with British American Tobacco.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Successful completion of NYSC by August 1st 2010
- Be comfortable working in an industry which can be seen as controversial
- Excellent academic performance and successful completion of relevant degree. Minimum of 2.1
- Track record of outstanding extra-curricular achievement and leadership skill
- Innovative and creative
- Has clear personal objectives and responsibility for self development
- Fluent in English. French proficiency an added advantage
- Strong Numerical and Verbal comprehension
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Action Oriented approach to work
- Contribution to functional objectives
- Graduate from the program as an exceptional performer
BAT WAA is an equal opportunities employer. All shorlisted applicants will be considered and assessed using the same criteria and recruitment process.