Software Engineer - New Grad - London
This position is based in London, UK.
The area: Software Engineering
Google's Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Software Engineer - New Grad
Software Engineers at Google are researchers and developers who yearn to create and implement full product life cycles – not just code solutions. You need to have a solid foundation in computer science in order to consistently come up with new ideas as well as strive for a deep understanding of our products and services in order to continually improve upon them. Our engineers develop massively scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal - which requires research, awareness, interactivity and asking questions. You build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms. You have a technical fascination for how stuff fits together. You are motivated to experiment and take chances in order to make a difference in your field and you are not afraid to stand up for your ideas. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a passion for quality.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information
- BSc or MSc degree preferred with strong academic record (PhD is a plus)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux or Windows and/or Mac environments, distributed systems, machine learning, information retrieval and TCP/IP
- Extensive experience programming in C, C++, Java and/or Python
- Experience in network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems